Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Command: 105

Status
Not open for further replies.

StamaMan

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
I have a user who gets this Invalid Command: 105 repeating over and over when he is logged in as root on his system console. The rest of his system is fine. Thread58-914933 suggestions did not prove to be the answer to this problem. Can anybody help please.

Thanks

Stamaman

What happen if he is logged in as root on another terminal ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Just for fun, can you run this command and post the results?

# grep 105 /etc/inittab

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

I have run the grp 105 /etc/inittab which sorted the problem for 1 hour then it restarted again. When opening another session the message does not appear.

I'd still be interested in seeing the output from that grep command.
This sounds like a buggy background script or something in the inittab. If it's not in the inittab, I'd go looking through the startup scripts on /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc.d/8. Those should all be text files, so you can grep for "105" in those as well:
# grep 105 /etc/rc2.d/*
# grep 105 /etc/rc.d/8/*

Also, you could look through the contents of /usr/spool/cron/crontabs. Error there wouldn't typically appear on the console, but can be forced to do so.

Any hint as to when this started, and if there was anything changed on the system shortly beforehand?

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

The return was nothing from the grep 105 /etc/inittab it just returned to the #. There was nothing changed on the system except for closing it down prior to a power cut. i will try the other commands. thanks. I will let you know how they get on.

Stamaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back