Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid Collation error after creating Dataset.XSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coronagigantes

Programmer
May 25, 2011
HK
I have created a Dataset.XSD. I created the field names myself which matches the names from the table as on my SQL SERVER. My collation type is 'Chinese_Hong_Kong_Stroke' on the SQL server side. I wrote a simple test program to populate the dataset from the server and then display it on a crystal report. From my home machine it is fine. However, when I goto the company and setup the test app when I run it, I always get Invalid Collation 'Chinese_Hong_Kong_Stroke'. The company Server Database is an exact copy of what I have at home. So I think this is ok.

In the XSD side I tried to set the LOCALE to Chinese but I still get the error on the company PC.

Anyone, got any suggestions here?

Thanks.

I've sorted this out now. Problem with the SQL server side. Changed and works fine now.

Just curious... what did you change on the SQL Server side to make this work?

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back