Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid _Detect _Processor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prpnovaes

Technical User
Nov 29, 2001
BR
I've a PC (Pentium 166 MMX) with a problem during inicialization's process.

when the computer is power on, the bios detect the processor at diferent specification. Sometimes detect as Pentium 166 MMX, sometimes as pentium 200 MMX.

When Pentium 200 MMX is detected, the boot process fail and the computer don't start. AT the next boot, the processor is detected like Pentium 166 MMX and the boot process ocorrus ok.

It seems a intermitent problem and i don't know what could be happening.

Is it a power problem? Is it a BIOS problem?

Have you got any idea about?

Thanks a lot.

I would say it's a bios problem, see if there is an available update from the bios manufacturer, this may require setting a jumper on the M/B to allow you write to the Bios also check the M/B settings as I remember a M/B I supplied to customers a few years back need an extra jumper for anything above a 133Mhz.

Hope this helps.........

C.

Thanks Conman.

The motherboard is INTEL ASAKI(PCISET SB82437VX and BIOS S/N: 069947742).

Do you Know where could I to obtain the newest BIOS update and the motherboard's manual? I've tried INTEL's site but i couldn't to get.

Do you know any other site?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back