Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity VM to main console isn't answering?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

techjr

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I have a Avaya Prologix PBX witn an Intuity VM LX REL-2.0
The probmlem that i've run into is when a call comes in via main-console > auto-attendant answers instructing caller:

> If you would like to speak with the < Attendance office > press-1 (or )
> if you would like to speak to the < operator > press-0.

Problem is when I press-O > and the operator doesn't answer it will continue to ring & not be picked up by the general mailbox-625 assigned to console >

i've looked at the auto-attendant program > coverage path & not sure why the call doesn't get picked up by the Console
named: General-mailbox 625 > mail box does exist & recording is record!

What am I missing to have the console picked up by voicemail if no one answers????

Thanks again !!!! for the assistenace >>>>>>>>>>>>

Take a step back. When the call comes in to the main number (Which I am assuming the main number is going to the console) what is it doing? Is it setup a a VDN useing a vector? My next question is on a console there isn't a section for coverage paths. So what did you add the coverage path to? Usually this is set as a listed directory number and then you select a night destination. Then you assign a button on the console as night. We need more info for sure.

Thank you,

HEARS WHAT'S GOING ON:
YES > MAIN NUMBER IS DIRECTLY ANSWERS TO CONSOLE ATTENDANT
RINGS 12 TIMES ON CONSOLE (END USER REQUEST).
THE AUTO-ATTENDANT ANSWERS & INSTRUCTS CALL TO SPEAK WITH THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE PRESS-1 (WORKS GREAT) OR
TO SPEAK WITH THE OPER PRESS-0 (WORKS GREAT)

SO WHEN YOU PRESS-0 IT RETURNS BACK TO CONSOLE & WILL RING & IF THE OPER DOESN'T COVER THE CALL IT DOEs NOT COVER TO VM,IF THE OPER IS BUSY ON OTHER CALL.

THE NIGHT BUTTON IS ASSIGNED ON THE CONSOLE.
THE COVERAGE PATH IN > THE INTUITY VM IS SETUP.
THIS WHAT I'M LOOKING AT IN THE INTUITY VM COVER PATH:

SUB:
611 DAY-AA
BTN1 245 XFER ATTEND
BTNO 400 XFER ATTEND
TI-OUT 5
BTN2 399 XFER
BTN0 625 CALL AN GEN MAILBOX
TI-OUT 5

Thanks again!!!!!

Possibly the PBX is seeing the call has already gone to the audix, so it wouldn't send it there again? (this is something that is hardwired in the PBX to avoid calls from going around in a endless loop.)

Good to see you on here orypecos. [cheers]

It's been a while.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back