Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTUITY SYSTEM UNIX 4.2 VERSION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach2

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
This system currently runs the phone system in our school and from time to time i'm asked to go into the computer and make sure teachers can't make outside calls from classroom phones.I have not been able to get to that area to perform those tasks.Other info on the system MERLIN LEGEND-AUDIX 408GS/LS-MLX.I need step by step help.

This shouldn't be too hard.
SYSTEM PROGRAMMING
EXIT
EXTENSIONS
RESTRICTIONS
(enter ext number )
OUTWARD RESTRICT

That will restrict ALL outbound calls, even 911. If 911 would be allowed to go through, you could use ARS Restrictions, but step by step help would be lengthy. I'd recommend a good tech, there should be some locally who do that stuff.
Have fun :)

coach2,
You actually have it somewhat backwards, but that being said, first make sure that you have a connection between the Audix to the Admin port located on the Processor module of the Merlin (Slot 0, next to power supply of first carrier). At the main menu of the Audix terminal you should see an option for "Voice Administration" or something similar, selecting this option should bring you to the SPM screen (identified by a graphical screen looking similar to the layout of an MLX-20 set). At that point, follow the instructions given by Blueline above. When finished in the Merlin system, hit the 'Home' key on the keyboard, this will take you back to the Audix's main menu.

There are two customer logins for the Audix, one is 'vm' and the other is 'sa'. I'm not sure, but if you only have access to the 'vm' password, you may not be able to access the Merlin thru the Audix.

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back