Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intuity audix modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

guozq1972

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
CN
I find it's difficult to get a modem to be connect to intuity audix serial port,the best type is USR, Is there other type modem can work with intuity?

Thanks,

The best way to connect to the Intuity is a Remote Maintenance Board. A RMB is installed inside the system and provides more remote troubleshooting and resetting capabilities. But it is not available on Intuity LX

But I didn't hear about this board,what is the code ? like TNxxx.

If your Intuity has networking capabilities, use ASA and set it up on the network. I would only use this for on site though.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

It is not a "TN" board, that is what goes in the pbx, it is a "AY" board I think, but will have to look it up.

Thanks all above,

But it is still a question to admin the intuity audix over WAN, most of the LAN have restrictions.

The RMB is used for connection on a analog line.
This is from the Intuity maint manual
"Remote Maintenance Circuit Cards
The remote maintenance circuit card provides remote diagnostics of basic components.
There is one remote maintenance circuit card installed on the system.
CAUTION:

"The Lucent Intuity system should not be operated without a remote maintenance
circuit card.
The Lucent Intuity system supports remote maintenance circuit cards:
n With an internal modem (AYC54)
Click on the graphic for a
larger view.
n Without an internal modem (AYC55)
Remote Maintenance
Circuit Card You can determine the type of remote maintenance circuit card that is installed on your
system by viewing the faceplate.
NOTE: NOTE:
The AYC55 remote maintenance circuit card can be connected to an external modem.
The remote maintenance circuit card is equipped with a BEC enable switch. Make sure this
switch is set to the ON position.
AT T E NT I ON OBSERVE PR ECAUTIONS
FOR HANDLING
ELECTROSTATIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back