Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intrusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankieg

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
How can I get the attendants to intrude on a call. I have looked everywhere for this feature , and see nothing to allow or disallow it. I have intrusion keys on the attendants , and data resrict turned off but the light just flashes when you try and use it.
Thanks.

try using the Service Observing Listen/Talk?
Default code is *88, you can find this on
Display Feature-access-code

Thanks , but i need to get intrusion working not service observing.

I don't work with attendants too much. I did find this in the G3rV9 Admin & Feature Manual, hope it helps:

Attendant Intrusion
The attendant intrusion (Call Offer) button allows an attendant to intrude on an existing call to offer a new call or message to the intruded party. When the attendant releases the intruded call, the source party waits at the
intruded party’s analog telephone or holds on an available line appearance on a digital telephone.

Interactions
Intrusion is denied in the following cases:
— A telephone is on a conference call with administered maximum number of conferees
— A call is established with Data Privacy activated
— Establish a call with Data Restriction activated
— A telephone is a forward-to point of another telephone
— A telephone is busy talking to another attendant
- If a call is already call waiting for the intruded party, the source (split from attendant) party cannot wait for the intruded party using Call Waiting.
- The attendant display shows the character ‘1 wait’ or ‘1 busy’ if an intrusion is possible. Otherwise, the display shows ‘wait’ or ‘busy’.
- The system provides Attendant Intrusion on remote telephones via TGU/TGE trunks (Italy only).

Status
Not open for further replies.