Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intrusion attempt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmendes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I am running IIS service with OWA on my Win2k/Exchange 5.5 server. Everything is fully patched. I have also ran the IIS lockdown tool with installation of the URL scan feature.

When I check the IIS access log, it routinely shows entries like &quot;80 GET /<Rejected-By-UrlScan>&quot; so I know the URL filter is working.

However, It also occasionally shows &quot;80 GET /scripts/nsiislog.dll - 401 -&quot;. Should I be worried about these attempts to access nsiislog.dll? I am fully pacthed and behind a firewall.

Thank you.

This is not an answer to your specific question. However, if you haven't already done so, consider installing and running the &quot;Baseline Security Analyzer&quot; and checking that server. Even if you are &quot;fully patched,&quot; you might identify some other more subtle security issues.

More information at
Search &quot;Baseline Security Analyzer&quot;

or visit MS page below:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back