Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INTRUDER ALERT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS4L1F3

Technical User
Aug 23, 2005
US
When working in the Tellabs DACS, every once in a while I will see this report:

TELNET1:CL,INTRUSION"
/* INTRUDER ALERT CLEAR */

Obviously it appears to be some sort of log-in/access report, but looking throught the DACS manual is a mess, and I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with the Tellabs DACS in general...and if they are, can you please give me any information on this report, or how to find out what it means?

Thanks,

My Hero Jr Robot (who refers to himself as "your friend, companion, and security guard") says "intruder alert" when he detects motion!

But I guess that info won't help!

Best of luck!

I deal with 3 different types of Tellabs DCS equipment for my work. Can you tell me what model DCS are you using? I work with the following:

Titan 5500
Titan 532L
Titan 532

Chances are someone is trying to hack into the DCS. After "X" number of failed login attempts, especially with the 5500, the comm port being hacked will automatically be placed out of service, a message will be generated by the system indicating the intrusion attempts as well as the comm port being removed from service and the "minor" alarm lamp will light up on the ADMIN complex and remain lit until the comm port is restored to service a few minutes later.

I think this is what you may be seeing. [thumbsup2]

Dexman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back