Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdabney

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2002
US
I downloaded a 60-minute Intranet package for FrontPage 2000. It had everything we needed. I have FrontPage 2003, so I thought it would be no problem to customize with our coumpany information and publish. The customizing and publishing were no problem. However, I cannot get any of the contained data access pages to open. I attempted to open in Access 2003 to see if that would work. It didn't. I think opened the default files opened in Access XP. It converted the pages and let me save them with the links. When you open on the web site, you get a Web Components block or nothing. I down loaded the Web Components for both XP and 2003. Also, the seach page is looking for a custom property file that was only available in Site Server. We use Server 2003 as our host. Any ideas how I might get this to work? I have a deadline of Friday the 28th to show this to our executive staff.

What is the intranet package called and where did you download it from?

It was from Microsoft and it was the 60 minute Intranet Kit. It seems the only problem I'm having is with the search page. It's supposed to query the indexing service catalog and if not available use the frontpage search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back