Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet solution with Microsoft Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacus2

Programmer
May 31, 2000
US
I want to put an Access program on the intranet at work so users can access it through the intranet.  Where can I find the best documentation for this?

Depends on the size of the network, and how much you can afford.<br>5 concurrent users - use PWS web server<br>More concurrent users - use IIS4 web server<br>You could use Apache too (not easily on Win though)...<br><br>Regardless of your webserver, you'll need to access the data held in your db, and I would suggest using ASP if all the users browse with IE5.<br>Have a look at Wrox books - <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> (especially Beginning ASP Databases by John Kauffman - I found this book taught me everything I needed to know within a few days).<br><br>Hope that helps you a little, you didn't give me much info to work with...<br> <p>ahdkaw<br><a href=mailto:ahdkaw@sensibilium.com>ahdkaw@sensibilium.com</a><br><a href= you do visit my sites - be warned! You must be of a discordian nature...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back