Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet site via sharepoint from outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarzan

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
I'm new to using Sharepoint, so I'm not even sure this is possible;

I have a client with SBS 2008 / Sharpoint 2007. They also have a 2003 server with IIS set up, and a classic ASP page (intranet only) running on it. I want this site to be accessible through the companyweb page. Well, I was able to do that, creating a web part that links to the page. But this only works when accessing the company web site from inside the domain.

I would like is to be able to access the site remotely, at [blue][ignore][/ignore][/blue], log in, and click "Internal Web Site".

When I do this from outside, I can access shared documents (which are referenced as [blue][ignore][/ignore][/blue]). But not the asp site, because it is being referenced directly as [blue][ignore][/ignore][/blue], which of course is not accessible from outside.

Any ideas on how to make this happen?

You will need a reverse proxy. People from internet obviously cannot access your intranet; making some resources public is usually done by RP servers.

You should have a look at SP licensing because running a SP server in internet requires a different license. But I don't knwo how serving just a couple of pages would qualify.

--- Ferdinand Prantl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back