Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet security settings with Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRChamberlain

Programmer
Mar 23, 2000
GB
Hi all

Have an application that creates an instance of Windows Explorer, version dependant on what the user has on their computer.

There is one .html page with Javascript content on a local computer to which the application navigates the Internet Explorer object.

What modifications are required to prevent the Internet Explorer object from querying the user with
To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or Active X controls...
TIA

FAQ184-2483​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander.com
motrac.co.uk

Include the site on trusted sites and personalize security leves for trusted sites, allowing ActiveX and scripts.

This article may show you the way.

Cheers,
Dian

Diancecht

Thanks for your reply and link

Rightly or wrongly, a quick fix seems to be to check Internet Options > Advanced > Security > Allow active content to run in files on My Computer

FAQ184-2483​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander.com
motrac.co.uk

You're right. I just kept the Intranet part of the question in my mind and didn't realize it was a local file and had nothing to do with the question title.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back