Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intranet / internet website - assistance please

Status
Not open for further replies.

brettums

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2000
US
I purchased software called "Webevent Calendar manager"
This software is what's it's called... a calendar manager.

I have the software installed, and configured etc...... works great!!!! The program is intertwined with IIS so clients can access the calendar manager software via web.

These are my questions.... I need to make the program "public" for BOTH internally and externally of my network.

How the heck do I do this?

I know for a fact the following:

The login page (start page) is in the following directory:
c:\inetpub\scripts\publish\webevent.pl

As of right now, EVERYTHING IS DEFUALT in IIS for home page view

(ex. type the name of the server it's looking in the following directory)
c:\inetpub\(will bring you to a under construction page on client machine when you type IP or machine name of server
(ex.
This is what I've already tried....

In the Home Directory Tab I change the home folder to c:\inetpub\scripts\publish\ but IIS didn't like this.... meaning the site was not found.
Also I added the following document in the document tab webevent.pl (on the top of the list).

What do I need to do???? This is so frusterating.... but then again, I know it's an easy fix.....

some assistance would be great, please.

-Brett
brett@fayschool.org

Hello!

A simple solution for your problem !!
Craet a new web site (by right clicking on your computer name is MMC) define the home directory, add the default document set execute permission on scripts (In IIS and windows NT) for windows NT permission would be RXRX for IUSER_MACHINENAME and EVERYONE.

I hope this will help. iis_guru@yahoo.com

I have no idea what you are talking about.... can you go a little more into detail about this?

thanks

can you actually access the program across the network? I bet you are getting that error becuase you are not allowing iis to execute the script. maybe not though, but that sounds like it to me, especially if you have everything default. what version you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back