Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

intranet access using single logon on novell workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaint99

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

I want to create an intranet (webbased) for users that have an novell account. I want the intranet to see what user is logged in (and i want to check if the password is the same as the novell account). This so users wont have to log on twice (once on the machine and once on the intranet)
Can this be done, and how would I accomplish this?
I'm not sure what server sided scripting language to use for the intranet (PHP, ASP, etc)

Thnx in advance
TheSaint99

If you use a novell web server , Enterprise or webshphere you can have authentication based on NDS so the user has a single identity, NDS. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Thanx for your comment. But when I use such a webserver, can I still use (or install) scripting languages like ASP and PHP on this server?

TheSaint99

yep. You would be better checking out documentation on I'm definately not webserver software expert. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back