Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Into a Lan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otterbine

Programmer
Sep 17, 2000
US
Hi,
I'm kind of new to this whiole scene, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I would like to connect to one of the computers in my LAN from work using remote administrator. If I leave my computer on, is their any way to get in through my Linksys Cable/DSL router?

Thanks,
Otto

p.s. I have my computer in the DMZ, so the firewall is not an issue. [sig][/sig]

Yep. But you must to know the IP or a way to find it automagically. [sig][/sig]

I do know both the IP of my cable modem and that of the computer I'm trying to connect to. [sig][/sig]

A friend of mine at work was able to remotely use his home computer from work, and monitor his wife and kid's activity. I want to do the same thing, but of course I have a router, which is why I asked in the board. It's not to hack or anything, if thats what you were thinking. I had PC anywhere in the DOS days, but all that software is too expensive now. My friends software works prety fast (my office is on a T3!), so I thought I might give it a try. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back