Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interview Tech Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpal

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am having my 1st interview in 7 years I have done most of the reasearch on interview tecniques but thought I would pop in post and see if any one can offer tips espically the kind of techincal question I could be asked on the following Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, Exchnage 2003 and 2000.

Many thanks is advance

I know it is hard, by try to relax. And forget everything about interviewing you have read. The poor guy/gal interviewing you likely has not had the opportunity to be as prepared as you are.

I'm sure you know your subject as well as the next person.
You may not know the answer to every question, be honest enough to admit that, you can always stress the fact that you know how to research and find any answer giving the time to do so (OK, so that's a plug for Tek-Tips).

I would spend more time finding out about your prospective employee's business enterprise rather than possible technical questions and impress them with your knowledge of that.

Resumes and References are half the battle, the other half is who you know in the company. At the time of the interview, they probably have a pretty good idea of who they want to employ.

You can ignore all the above, I haven't had to front any interview for years, but I wish you good luck anyway.

Linney below makes an important point. While I would love a new employee that knew everything at the tips of their fingers, I would be more impressed by someone who asserted that they could find the answer quickly. Modesty is an unappreciated quality in a candidate. I am frankly more impressed with a candidate that can research and learn than a candidate how claims to know it all.

Hi,
What level position are you applying for?

That is important if you want good advice.
( Although the advice so far has been spot on..)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back