Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interpret PRI provider please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnestel

Programmer
May 10, 2012
US
I have a customer with an IP Office with 4 PRIs and one of the circuits keeps dropping calls. In SSA, I see all the alarms - loss of signal plus blue, red and yellow alarms. It tends to drop multiple times for an hour or so, then it's solid again for about a day.

The LEC has said this: I was able to test clean to the NIU; however, I was unable to loop the CSU. Please check your internal network. Please let me know if you need to test head to head.

Can someone tell me what "unable to loop the CSU" means and what "test head to head" means?

I'm pretty sure they don't see a problem, but they didn't test while the system was having problems.

On the PRi line config make sure you have CSU enabled checked. Then they should be able to loop you and run a test all the way to you, there is also a way in System monitor you can bring loops up and down. I would enable CSU on the line. ask them to loop you THEN LOOK IN SSA And see if you show the loop up on that PRI. sometimes they think they have you looped and its not you its somewhere else in the trunk.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

1. I would make a loopback plug and test the PRI on the IP office.
2. Replace PRI Card (to prove it's not the Card)(maybe cable as well)
3. Request the Service Provider to come on site and test from their interface. (Testing from the CO is not a valid test)

Service provider fixes the issue and tells you they didn't find anything.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I enabled the loop back testing on the circuit and was able to get the provider to look at it while the circuit was down. They sent out a tech who cleaned copper pairs, replaced the jumper at the xbox, changed heat coils and replaced the niu. Fingers crossed, but so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back