Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

interorg: which server is the subscriber ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolando

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
AU
I hope someone can help...

Having read thoroughly the documentation surrounding interorg (did not take long!!) I believe it is what I need...

Two organisations, wish to share public folder and scheduling information within Outlook.

I have setup an evaluation box to serve as the interorg server (with Exchange 2000)...

[Exch2000 A] <-> [Interorg] <-> [Exch2000 B]
10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3 10.0.1.2
Publisher Subscriber

Followed the configuration procedure in Microsoft KB 238573 then hit a wall....

The publisher as defined in the KB works perfectly, it logs in with the credentials and reads the public folder structure. However, the subscriber fails with the error message: Unable to logon to Exchange server using mailbox information.

I have checked that the details are correct (logged in using those details). I have also moved that information to be the Publisher rather than the Subscriber... no luck !!

There are two things which I have yet to establish... Whether changing the subnet of Interorg has any influence on the success of connection. ie

10.0.0.2 10.0.1.3 10.0.1.2
Publisher Subscriber

Secondly, is Interorg the subscriber or the other Exchange Server... ie

10.0.0.2 10.0.0.3 10.0.1.2
Publisher <-> Subscriber <-> Publisher

Can anyone help ???? Has anyone setup Interorg, come against these issues and beaten away the config blues ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back