Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

interorg migration from 5.5 to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilpadrino

MIS
Feb 14, 2001
US
I know migration is a tired subject, but I couldn't find any similar threads. Migration Wizard worked great for us for a Exch5.5 to Exch2k3 interorg migration in the same domain. However now I need to migrate a different Exch5.5 org in a different domain (but same forest) to the same Exch2k3 server.

When I run migration wizard, it detects the user account in the second domain (same forest), but will not create a new account in the first domain. The migration fails with an error that it could not create the mailbox. 1) How can we move the accounts to the correct domain? 2) If this is possible, will the migration wizard work? 3) And last, will I be able to "go back" if migration fails?

Movetree or ADMT are what I'm thinkg for the 1st question, but they require root domain to be in native mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back