Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InternetExplorer.Application Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetNewbie

Programmer
Mar 3, 2004
GB
Hi all,

I've searched the forum and found some articles about my question but as of yet I've been unable to find a solution.

Like most people I am using a VB script and part of that is a message window, however some users are clicking on the X to terminate the window.

I would like to remove this option, anyone know what the syntax is or if it is possible?

many thanks

log which user dont allow your script to finish then send them an automated email telling them off, if they do it more than 3 times disable their domain account. I had the same problem with logoonscripts being cancelled, i went through the whole, chuck it in an app thang with no x but then they just terminate it by other means (taskmanager) etc.

Hi DotNetNewbie-

Could you post some of your code? Not sure what your question is. Not sure what you mean by message window.

strebor

i imagine DotNetNewbie is refering to the cscript dos sort of black bo

Hi everyone,

sorry for the delay, please see below:

DIM MSIE, sTitle

Set MSIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

sTitle = "Processing Login Script...."

MSIE.Navigate = "About:Blank"
MSIE.Toolbar = False
MSIE.StatusBar = False
MSIE.Resizable = False

SWidth = MSIE.Document.ParentWindow.Screen.AvailWidth
SHeight = MSIE.Document.ParentWindow.Screen.AvailHeight
MSIE.Width = SWidth/2
MSIE.Height = SHeight/2
MSIe.Visible = True

MSIE.Document.Write "BLAH BLAH"
MSIE.Document.Write "BLAH BLAH"

Wscript.sleep 5000
MSIE.Quit

Thats an abridged version, but i think you will get the idea.

Many thanks for your help so far.

.N00b

errr dumm me, should have paid more attention to the subject line :)

i know i am rather self righteous when it comes to logonscripts, i had the CIO tell me to use IE to host our logonscript, i told him to get back to his desk job, for the core of the scirpt i would say cscript.exe is better, it is quicker, does not rely on IE, for instance if a user had a problem with their IE then logon times would = who knows. for me loginscripts should be light and fast and non intrusive, otherwise you get users on slow connections thinking that flipping logon script takes eons to load,,i know i will just cancel it.

i did have to cave into the CIO in the end!!! i implemented a message of the day thing, it went along the lines of being an ini file section in either the user/group or AD site logonscript engine files which allowed admins to have one off or re-occuring (a certain number of times) IE windows popping up, these were based on corporate IE templates and allowed special messages. this seemed to be a nice mix of showing content when the bizness wanted and a fast light script the rest of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back