Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InternetExplorer.Application Past Login Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have a vbscript that launches a webbrowser, enters the name and password and clicks the submit button via: GetElementsbyTagname("BUTTON").item(0).click

Once my new page loads, I try to find any tags that have the '<td>' field in there by using: browser.Document.getElementsByTagName("td")

The problem is, even if I put a message string in between the click and the getElementsByTagName to ensure the page has fully loaded, I cannot find any elements with a <td> in there. If I save the second page to a file and load that, I can see the <td> flags.

My question, is there some kind of 'object refresh' command I need to execute in between page loads?

Thanks!
Barry

What code are you using? Perhaps your script is not giving IE enough time to fully load the page. You may have to use something like

Do Until objIE.ReadyState = 4
WScript.Sleep 100
Loop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dm4ever
My philosophy: K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Stupid

Thanks dm4ever!

I am checking Browser ReadyState and Browswer Busy, then after that checking Document.Readystate

I put in a sleep 1000 just to make sure the page was loaded.

Ok, find the problem (no solution though!)

I have 4 frames and when I was just saving the source code to see what was inside, but it didn't actually tell me the frame name.

Now just have to figure out who to find out what my frame names are, and then how to access the code inside them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back