Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisul

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
NO
Hi there,

I have a NSA 3500, in work. I need to generate reports on internet traffic. Can anyone tell me what the best way to get this info.

Do I need third party software?
Can SonicWall produce such reports?
Do I need the Viewpoint Software?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hey faisul

Here you go

The SonicWALL security appliance can perform a rolling analysis of the event log to show the top 25 most frequently accessed Web sites, the top 25 users of bandwidth by IP address, and the top 25 services consuming the most bandwidth.

You can generate these reports from the
Log > Reports page.

SonicWALL ViewPoint provides a comprehensive Web-based reporting solution for SonicWALL security appliances. For more information on SonicWALL ViewPoint, go to

bob

You could also use a 3rd party SNMP app to generate reports as well. Viewpoint is good but you may find a 3rd party app to generate certain reports a little more clearer.

Thanks guys, your information has been very helpfull. I have tried using viewpoint and you are correct, it's not that clear.

I will try it again and see what I can get out of it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back