Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet traffic not running through VPN after connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand13

MIS
Nov 13, 2003
US
I launch the VPN client, get prompted for a password, and it says I am connected, but my traffic doesn't appear to be going through the VPN software. What is the matter?

I currently have another connection, but I prefer to use the VPN connection, however after successfully logging onto the VPN Client 3000, and connecting to the network, the traffic and bandwith still counts towards my other connection. I have been told to disable the other connection, but my computers only have one ethernet jack, so disabling my one connection then results in disabling the VPN, any ideas, on how to make VPN the default and make the other connection secondary

after establishing the VPN, the routing table changes. So you may ask your administrator to re-set vpn to re-point to the internet. Or you may figure out how to modify the routing table.

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network, Internet, VPN, Routing and How to at

is there a way to manually modify the routing table or do i have to contact the administrator. All i need to do is somehow make my one connection seconardy to the other if thats even possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back