Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet to phone calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulysses

Technical User
Nov 16, 2000
US
someone erase my question yesterday , but i will ask it again is there a gadget that i can hook up to make phone calls via internet?
thanks

There is software/hardware that allows you to place a phone call through the internet. It requires a headset with a mic on it and some require specialized modems. There are websites that do this service as well.

Most of the ones I have seen require kits. There are others that only require a headset.

Does this help? James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

There are many sites which allow you to dial up any telephone no. You have to only download the software from the site and pay up a small fee for using the facility. In this setup you dont have to buy any equipment, use ur computer.
net2phone.com is one such site.
It is not legal to use voice over internet + phone in many countries. It will not be possible to dial up numbers in these countries.
Hope this helps.
Tigi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back