Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet sharing - dial-up and domain controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhowes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
ZA
Hi

I have set up a Windows 2000 Server as a domain controller and disabled DHCP and DNS. My question is can I get internet sharing to work with this config using analog dial-up? If not is there another way?

I originally tried to set this up before I made the server a domain controller. I also tried it with DHCP and DNS activated but it didn't work and my knowledge is too limited to figure out why. If I have to convert it back to a "standalone" server do I have to reload the OS?

Sharing worked fine on one of my client machines running 200 Professional before I aquired the server. I have a simple three machine network and don't need anything fancy, but I do need internet sharing (to get email mostly).

Thanks for you help in advance.

Richard

In active directory, you need to assign the dial-up accessability to that account. You can goto the properties for that user that you want to be able to dial-up and give him permissions to do so. also check routing and remote access and make sure its configured properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back