Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

moller

MIS
May 23, 2003
HK
Hi all

I had installed the Symantec Internet Security on my computer. However, my local printer could not share to other users. I had tried to stop the personal firewall service but it could not share. What policy should I open to other users?
regards
moller

moller,
I haven't used it myself but, while exploring NIS in my system, I came accross a feature that might solve your problem. It's a Wizard that allows you to share files and printers with other users in your home network without having to disable your Firewall. Here's how you could get to it:

1 - On the main menu, click on "Personal Firewall"
2 - On the bottom right-hand corner, click "Configure"
3 - You will get a form with multiple tabs. Click on the
"Networking" tab.
4 - The title of the form displayed by this tab is "Home
Networking" and down at the bottom, there is a button
that says "Wizard" - click on it.

When you click on the "Wizard" button, the "Home Network" wizard is launched and you just follow the instructions there.

Hope this helps!

JC

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back