Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Security 2009 Phishing keeps turning itself off

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpbill14

MIS
Mar 23, 2009
US
I have Norton Internet Security 2009 installed on my wife's computer and lately I have noticed that the phishing protection has been turned off. I turn it back on, but later is is off again. Any suggestions from anyone as to why this happens and what I can do to fix it would be appreciated.

Hi gpbill14,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

To resolve this issue, run Windows Update and make sure you have all of the available updates applied to Windows.

Next, manually run LiveUpdate from within Norton Internet Security 2009, possibly multiple times, until it informs you that there are no more updates available.

When the updates have been installed, restart your computer.

Next, open Norton Internet Security, select the "Help & Support" link at the top of the window and choose "About." The version number should read "16.5.035," which is the latest build.

Make sure that "Antiphishing" is turned on under the "Identity" category in the main window and that the "Norton Toolbar" is shown in your browsers.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back