Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Properties 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1quickdraw

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
I use to be able to right click on my internet explorer desktop shortcut and after left clicking on properties, it would take me diectly to the Internet Options box. Now I just get a regular properties box. I have deleted the shortcut from my desktop and have since made a new shortcut but have the same results (ie regular properties box). Has anyone a suggestion on what I need to do to get back to where I once was that is to be able to right click on a IE desktop shortcut and when the pop up box opens, left click properties and taken to Internet Options.

A shortcut is no good - you need the proper desktop icon. This can normally be made to appear from display properties, desktop tab, customise desktop - check the internet explorer box. If its already checked, try unchecking & rechecking it (applying the changes between each change). If still no good, try add/remove programs, add/remove windows components. Uncheck the internet explorer item, finish, then go back and check it and finish again. I think there's a direct registry entry to make this happen, but can't remeber what it is!

Thanks Wolluf. That is exactly it. (The desktop tab, customize desktop).

Much Appreciated.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back