Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet password changes automaticly

Status
Not open for further replies.

notizme

Technical User
Apr 18, 2003
BE
When I configure my password for my internet connection it always changes in something that is almoust the double of what I filled in. I can't use it as long as I don't change it back every time I want to connect. What the hell is going on?

If this is a dial-up connection you are getting local echo from the modem. There should be a setting to supress it.

I do have a dail-up but I can't find that function.

Even tho the password looks double, have you tried connecting anyways?

some password fields full up so users cannot see that your password is only 5 characters and guess what it could be.

~Shmoes

I lay claim to nothing and everything. My words may be wisdom or disaster. In the end you make a choice. Noone is perfect.

See if these help you.

262359 - Password Length Appears Changed in Windows 2000 Dial-up Networking Connection Manager

264672 - OLEXP: Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP

303554 - Unable to Clear the Password Box in the "Connect to" Dialog Box After Remote Connection

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q259416
OL2000: (IMO) Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back