Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Options security tab not visible 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

austim

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
AU
I am running Windows2000 Pro, with the user name "austim" (well, not quite 'austim' but fairly similar :)), in the administrators group. I am the only nominated user on the computer

Despite being in the administrators group, when I open Internet Options (either in Control Panel or by secondary-clicking the IE icon), I cannot see the Security Tab (but I can see all the others).

I have tried adding a new user within the administrators group called "me". When I log in as "me" I can see the Security Tab, as I can when I log in as "administrator". So how can one user within the administrators group be treated differently? And how can I get "austim" rights back to full working order?

(I have considered removing and replacing "austim" in the users list, then selectively restoring all my application data etc from a NTbackup archive, but that seems too risky unless there is no other solution).

Hi, joegz.

That is just what I needed. Many thanks.

(Sadly, however, I wasn't patient enough, and so I am already in the process of deleting and reloading from my Ntbackup archive. That is just as messy as I had feared, but I am getting there :))

I have saved that link for the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back