Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Messaging and autoforwarding 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenT

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
NL
We have an Intuity Audix with Internet Messaging installed.
Could anyone tell me how to set up autoforwarding for a specific subscriber. I want to send fax- and voice-messages to pre-defined exchange-accounts, for certain subscribers.

I tried the manual and the Avaya-site, but that wasn't very helpful.

Are you saying you want voice and fax messages delivered to a particular subscriber(s) mail client? Outlook maybe?

If so, it will have to be set up in Outlook as an internet email service. The subscriber will have to have the correct permissions in the Intuity and you will need the Avaya Voice Player.

I will discuss further if this is what your trying to do.

Fil

That's correct I want to forward voice and fax messages to MS exchange users.

The thing is that we are already doing what I think you are going to suggest. I can Poll from an outlook-client on the POP3 in the Intuity, that works. I want to turn this around however and use SMTP. I want the intuity to push (autoforward) the messages, instead of waiting for a request from a mailclient.
Any ideas?

Koen

Koen,

As soon as I figure out how we'll let you know.
But for now what you got, and what I tought out for you,
is the only possible solution, maybe in the future with
a new release.

By the way, thanx for the confidence in my technical knowledge Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Edwin,

First and foremost: your technical knowledge was never in doubt and isn't in danger of becoming so :)

I'm glad you guys are monitoring my postings in forums (are you als monitoring tweakers.net?) and make sure that I don't do any silly things. :?

I am deeply saddened by the knowleddge that not even you can help me out on this one yet. It fills my heart with joy however, that no trouble is to much for you to give me hope in these dark times.

Have a nice weekend.

Koen

Because the Intuity in a POP3 and SMTP Server the clients must poll the Intuity for their E-Mail. It will not pust the E-Mail out. The only thing I can think of that can send out a notice is outcalling. I have not played with it but I wonder if outcalling can be an E-Mail address. It believe it a numeric only, but what the heck it's worth a shot!

Thanks

Chris

Edwin,

Be nice to the guy he is only trying! We all know you are the masters over there at N***** (don't know if I should mention the name)

He is only trying ot push the envelope and get to know as much as possible!

Regards

Wayne

Wayne,[2thumbsup]

Actually I know Koen very well and I was just pulling his leg. During the different project we have done with the organization he represents we from Newtel allways have fun.
And the diners we have after finishing a project are the BEST.[cheers][cook]

See ya,

PS Koen do not take things personal I was just trying to have a laugh..[rofl] Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Wayne,

Edwin is right, no offense was taken or intended.
Like the man said, we have a pretty good understanding, so a bit of leg-pulling is always fun. The diners are indeed good fun. I'll try to arrange that the next one is on us.......
bounce6.gif

Thanx anyway for standing up for me Wayne
icecream.gif
But without Edwin and N..... we would still have a Philips switch, so he has some credit.
burnout.gif

Edwin: still curious if you're monitoring me in other forums as wel!
crazy01.gif

I believe that the point about the Philips is also applicable to Wayne's site....
[spineyes]
Gr33tz,

John[wiggle]

mmmm dont go to far with the comment about philips touchy situation but uh koen what did you have exactly regarding the philips?

JZon: Then Wayne must be a happy man as well. ;-)

djwahnuh: It's not my intention to throw dirt at Philips. Their switches are very reliable. I missed some things in their concept however. Like: ACD, reportingtools, user-friendly interfaces and support from the supplier. If you don't have a Callcenter and have a relatively small company a Philips would do just fine.. :)

Mzzl, Koen

Well the switches are fine it is just the software that can raise some questions sometimes. The thing is I can't say too much in publica places like this...but I am very interested to know which company you work for and maybe we can contact eachother...we had some 'interesting experiences' with a sopho so I would like to know what happend in your case

Regards

Wayne

Sorry for kicking this very old topic again, but some of the later comments in this thread on the Philips callcentre software have become a matter of acute interest at the moment.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the Contact@net software for the Sopho is3000 series? I think it's part of the Sopho@vance productline.

I'm very interested in three things:
* reliability.
* functionality compared to Avaya's solutions.
* and the knowledge en service of the reseller.

Any significant observations would be highly appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Koen

Hi Koen

The IS 3000 is a fine reliable machine. ACD capability looks like it is from the stone-age compared to the definity, programming the switch itself is a pain in the ass compared to the definity. What concerns the cantact@net software if you have a broshure send it to me I would like to check it out.

We had two contact centers. They had diffirent names though; we had a cc250 and a cc400. CC250 was a m$ access based application and if you are looking for any kind of realibility dont even think of this machine. Skills based routing does not really work on this machine especially when it comes to levels. We also had a CC400; scripting on the machine (compared to vectoring)is a pain in the ass. To get something that would take you 2 vectors, a 6 row conversant table and 8 vdn's you will need about 10-20 a4 pages of scripting, no bs. Functionality is not comprable to definity at all. If you want a good solution using cti I would go for universal queue (or e-contact) solution from quintis (I think these are the names anyway newtell can tell you more about this)and a definity. Trust me when I say: you do not want to start with this machine (250 or 400). Reliability is, in my personal opinion, non-existant on this machine. We scrapped both the contact center machines we had for a r10r with cms conversant etc.

There are a lot of problems with the link between the SOPHO and the software (two sepearte machines linked by ip through a BIM)

If you want some more info from me you can maybe contact Edwin I think he still has my phone number at work you are more that welcome to call there is so much to tell you if you want to know more.

Regards

Wayne

Alright Wayne! :)
Thanx very much for this info.
I'll ask Ed to give me your phonenumber and will contact you shortly. if he has your email I'll send you the brochure asap.

I'm going to sleep now, and you probably should as well... ;)

thanx again

Koen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back