Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet mail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2001
US
Hello all,
I'm trying to get my ultra5 to send mail to the internet. it has a problem with this particular host because it seems to be pickier than others. How can I force my machine to report itself as root@mydomain.com instead of root@host.mydomain.com as you can see below metrocall doesn't like the host.mydomain. thanks in advance

>>> MAIL From:<root@host.mydomain.com> SIZE=78
501 <root@host.mydomain.com>... Sender domain must exist
root... aliased to root@host2.mydomain.com
/dead.letter... Saved message in /dead.letter
Closing connection to popserver5.metrocall.com.

Hi,

You can use masquerade option:
DMdomain.com

dbase77

Actually i did that in my .cf file and it changed the way i see the mail comfing into my exchange account but i still get the same error code from metrocall when i try to email them directly. Thanks for the help any further thoughts?

Hi,

what do you mean when you said "i try to email them directly"? If you want, you can try put line that say:

Cwdomain.com

dbase77

i have a script that when an alarm is recieved it uses mailx to send an email to my pager the problem is metrocall doesn't seem to like that my host is reporting as host.mydomain.com it seems strange to me. what will Cwmydomain.com do to the .cf file

Hi,

Instead of using username@host.domain.com it will use username@domain.com.

dbase77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back