Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Hanging on Windows 98 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR100

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
Hello,
I am not sure I am in the right forum or not. I figure you will tell me where to turn if I am in the wrong on.

My question/problem is as follows. When I am on the Internet and have more than one session open my PC seems to hang for a very long time and eventually my connection is dropped. I have Norton virus protection and it is updated as of 12/14/2004. This problem has been happening for a while now. I run my virus scan weekly, sometime twice a week, and it comes back saying all is well.

Is there something else I should do to my PC to get it back up and running? I do not know if there is a virus or something else causing my performance to slow down.

Thank you,
TomR100

when did this happen? after visiting a site perhaps? try this faq from the virus/spyware discussion forum: faq760-4866. i suspect you have some nasties playing in your pc.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."

Dial up?
System capacities are?
How much else is running at the time?
You may have a ton of spyware using up bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back