Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet exporer 6 sp1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrManic

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
GB
I have been to windows update to get sp1 for IE6 i get a tiny file which will connect to microsoft and install . However as is typical with microsoft it doesnt work. I cant get the whole update to download . Its bad enough having to continually update there products but being told installation cannot continue as you are not connected to the internet when your browsing there site is bloody ridiculous

They usually recommend you clear your browser cache, lower your security controls, etc...

It may be faster to manually download the update. On any computer, go to the windows update page. Click on the personalize windows update link. Enable the option to show the windows catalog. Save the choice. Now, you'll see a link to windows catalog, you can now manually download updates for any supported ms os.

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back