Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthedark

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
US
I have windows 98SE. How can I delete the IE and
install a newer version? Or can I just install the
newer version on top of the existing one?
Thanks for your help.

I have never had any problems upgrading over an older version personally.

If you do install a newer version over the top, part of the install should give you the option to backup the current installation. This will give you the option to roll back if you decide you don't like the new version, whether you want to or not is up to you, and how much spare space you have on your hard disk!

I need some help please, would like to find out how can I go back to a previous version of IE 5.5.4134.600
The problem started when accidentaly downloaded an SPC
IE 5.54522.1800, which was intended for Win2000. I have win98 SE. I thought the browsers are not connected to which Operating system you have. Since the download I can't go to the net without before each browser-page I have to set CONTENT ADVISOR settings. An error window advises I have some missing information.
Is there a way I can disable this, I don't really need it anymore anyway (son grown up).
It is a pain to go through all this, every time I want to go to the net. Typing in password an tick off in General that users can see sites without rating.
Sorry for the lenghty note....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back