Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When transferring information from my favorites file onto a disk, immediately the information transfers from Explorer to Netscape! I must thereafter use Netscape to open these files. This also happens with older disks that I have files from Explorer. I do not wish to use Netscape to access my files or have them automatically turned into Netscape files.

This problem is most likely that Netscape is now registering all files with .url exstension to its program. The way to change this is Tools->Internet Options->Programs->and make sure the tab "Internet Explorer Should see if it is default" is clicked. Then hit okay and close and restart IE. When it reloads a little box should appear saying something like "Internet Explorer should become default" click yes. This should reassociate those .url files with IE not Netscape.

good luck

ackka
ackka@mad.scientist.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back