Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer System Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSHH

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2002
US
I have deleted by mistake the Internet Explorer System Icon on my desktop, any clues of how to get this back?

Just create a new shortcut on your desktop to explorer.exe. Don't browse, just type in explorer.exe and then finish. Should be good to go. Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
Voltaire -born Francois-Marie Arouet- (1694-1778); French writer.

Hi Glen

Thanks for you replay, however what you are suggesting is to create an Icon to Windows explorer and not Internet Explorer.

The icon I need is for internet explorer and with the same functionality of the original icon created by the system when IE is installed, this will bring up the IE options on right click.

Regards

Do you have access to an install disk? IE6.0? Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
Voltaire -born Francois-Marie Arouet- (1694-1778); French writer.

go into internet explorer, tools, internet options.
click on advanced.
In that list you will find "show internet explorer on desktop". if it's checked, uncheck it, restart the browser and recheck it.
You can also copy the icon from the program files to the desktop

Try this... Right click on desktop > properties > desktop > customize desktop > check internet explorer

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back