Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer style VFP statusbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRChamberlain

Programmer
Mar 23, 2000
GB
If you find either the default VFP statusbar or the Microsoft StatusBar control lacking in features, you can roll your own using native VFP controls.

In your version you would be able to :-

Display bitmap(s)
Display status message(s)
Display progressbar(s)
Play .avi file(s)
Display the time
Display the date

all in an Internet Explorer style statusbar.

If anyone feels a FAQ on the above might be helpful, please advise - with sufficient interest, a FAQ will be showing on a screen near you soon. [bigglasses]
FAQ184-2483 - the answer to getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]

ChrisRChamberlain (Programmer):

...Microsoft StatusBar control lacking in...

Display bitmap(s)
Display status message(s)
Display progressbar(s)
Play .avi file(s)
Display the time
Display the date

If anyone feels a FAQ on the above might be helpful, please advise

My advise: PLEASE DO! [smile][2thumbsup]

Would be good selling point to have these gadgets on the status bar on one's program. Also, I (and I'm sure others too) would be interested in learning the methodology of creating such tool/status bar controls.
Regards,

Ilya

Sounds GREAT!
I'll sing at your wedding.... or whatever! :)

Thanks Chris
Tom Gahagan
edrest@alltel.net

REST

If you get a chance to sit out or dance...

I hope you dance. L Wommack

Hi Chris,

After our discussions on FAQs, I felt that FAQs stand in this forum for far more than than FAQs. There need be no Frequencies or Qs or Askings. Until we get a divition such as Articles, these need to be covered under the Tips (Bulbs) or under FAQs. SO any 'good stuff' as one feels it and feels like sharing, can be submitted thru FAQ or as Tips.

Please go ahead and let us have it. :)
ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

ramani

You're right about the definition of a FAQ no longer being appropriate, but hopefully members will come to realise that the contents of FAQs now are now way beyond the literal interpretation of a FAQ. [smile]

faq184-3155, 'How can I create my own statusbar' is now available.
FAQ184-2483 - the answer to getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back