Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet explorer search 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

changed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2004
GB
firstly, i aint got a clue which forum to plonk this in so here i think is best......

hopefully someone can help me on this as im sure its a stupid question but it keeps coming up time and time again...

in IE6, you can search from the address bar, eg if you type in 'it forums' it should take you to msn search and results for your input.. great..

but regually i see machines that when you input say 'it forums' you get the reply 'page can not be displayed' and the address is shown as '
i have tried resetting all the values,etc etc and just cant get it to work again.. help pls!!!

Try this - Open your search toolbar - click Customize, and open the Autosearch settings. There should be a box that says Do not search from address bar. Make sure it is UNchecked.

Sawedoff

Much more efficient to search from Google

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back