Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer not interpreting table code correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

AskJacq

Technical User
Feb 2, 2011
US
I have a website ( All the information is in a table that is 800 px wide. In google, it looks great. In internet explorer, the table code is there, but not being used. Can someone give some ideas? Thanks!

It only seems to be a problem on IE8. Looks OK on IE6. What you could try is taking out the content of each cell and just leaving the table layout.

If that works, then put in the content of one cell at a time. When the layout suddenly goes weird, you've found the cell that is causing all the problems.

Looks like the problem may be in the cell just before announcements. There is no closing </p> to the paragraph and no closing </font> to the fonts. Just make sure that all the tags are terminated correctly. I think IE8 is a bit more fussy.
Code:
<p style="margin-left: 24px; margin-right: 24px">
		<font face="Trebuchet MS" size="2"><span class="style18">To</span> apply, send a cover letter and resume to

<a href="mailto:ed@bcfohio.org" class="style12">ed@bcfohio.org</a><span class="style12"> by March 15, 2011. 
		The Breast Cancer Fund of Ohio is an EEO employer. </span> 
		<font size="x-small">
		<p class="style15">&nbsp;</p>

Did you try removing the outer 800 px table?... why do you have a 800px table inside a 800px table?

Code:
<table border="0" width="800" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="table1">
	<tr>
		<td colspan="3">
		<!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="nav.htm" TAG="BODY" startspan -->

<table border="0" width="800" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" id="table3">

--Lilliabeth

I think it was the table inside the table. thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back