Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Errors...... How can I uninstall and reload???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wncads

Vendor
Nov 1, 1999
US
I click on ANY internet shortcut, it gives me
an ilegal operation thing and then when I close the
warning, the internet connection thing goes away. It
says it's an invalid page fault!!!

I have reloaded windows 98 over top of itself and that did not correct the problem... How or Can I uninstall internet explorer entirely and reload?? Please help as this is driving me nuts...

Thanks.... I have win98 as my os... Keith Buchanan
AplusNetworking.com
keith@aplusnetworking.com

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? It sounds like you may have a memory problem. Give us your computer specs. Also just FYI installing Windows over the top of itself can make a system more unstable.

AMD K6 - 500Mhz, 128 Mb Ram and this occurs even if I boot the computer and open nothing but IE. I was running IE 5.5 when the crash of IE occured. I can even use CTRL-ALT-DEL to end task on all programs but SYSTRAY and EXPLORER and get the same message. It is not a memory or system problem but something screwy with IE itself or the registry. Just hoping someone had a similar issue and had the fix... Keith Buchanan
AplusNetworking.com
keith@aplusnetworking.com

What is the error message you are getting. Try writing it down and look on the Microsoft support site.
I used to assume when I got IE crashes it was a corrupt installation or registry but I found out alot of IE problems can be caused by something as trivial as the password database or a true type font being corrupted. All you have to do then is resolve a locallised issue and it's alot quicker than re-installing.

If you go into Add/Remove programs in your control panel and chose to remove IE you should get a dialog box that gives you the option of repairing your current install.

(I know IE 6 does this, haven't tried with 5, 5.5 though)

Good Luck We are always looking for new members at: forums.jlrforum.net Please come join our community too.

you can't install The internet explorer

'm srry you must reinstall your comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back