Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer: Error on page message

Status
Not open for further replies.

deedar

Programmer
Aug 23, 2007
PK
I am using Internet Explorer 7.

I am facing an issue in Internet Explorer while using Facebook.

When I use Photos application and click Create a Photo Album, several options are shown under Privacy field. In the Customize option, I get the option of Some Friends. Here I can choose specific friends who can see this album.

When the cursor is placed in this text box, a message is shown; Start typing a friend’s name. Earlier, when I used to type the first letter of any friend, a drop down list of my friends used to appear that matched the first letter. But now, when I type the first letter, no drop list appears, instead a message, Error on page is shown on bottom left.

In Internet Options -> Privacy, I added facebook.com in Always Allow list and added the site in allow pop-ups list, but still I am getting Error on Page message.

I am getting this error both on my office computer and on my home personal computer.

When I double clicked the error, I got the following details:

Line: 272
Char: 1
Error: ‘this.exclude_ids’ is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL:
Previous button was enabled and Next button was disabled in the error message window. I clicked Previous button, but same details are being shown for both Previous and Next buttons

Have you tried a different browser (e.g. IE6, Fx, Safari, etc)? if they all exhibit the problem, then it looks like it's an issue with the Facebook code.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

I ended up installing Firefox version 3.0.3 where the drop down list is showing as usual. So, I created the new album using Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back