Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrecker

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
A few days ago my internet explorer started crashing soon after it is launched. It doesn't do it all the time, but seems to be getting more frequent. I went to the Microsoft website and downloaded service pack 6, but no change. My Virus software is up to date, and all files have been scanned. Any Suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated. XP 2000 Home.

Thanks
Wrecker

Have you tried running the 'repair' tool? IE 6 has a built in repair tool. Go to - Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. Then scroll to Internet Explorer 6, click the Change/Remove button. This will give you the option to repair IE 6. Choose the repair option. This should repair any corrupt files in IE 6. Hopefully this takes care of your problem.

BB

What errors are you getting in the Event Viewer, any clues there?

What other software have you recently installed that could be conflicting with Internet Explorer? Especially in the type of security software you are running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back