Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet explorer crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic414

Technical User
Nov 17, 2002
US
I was wondering if anyone is having this problem of internet explorer crashing when two or more windows are opened. I am running 1.7GHZ Pentium 4 with 512 MB ram. This is one program that continuously crashes every minute. PLease I need your help. Thanks.

There is a program called CrazyBROwser that uses most of the files of IE and works with all MS Operating Systems and is very stable I have replaced IE on all of my Operating systems with and could not be happier A small download 698K and your Browsera crashes are over
nightowl17

Re: Repair IE

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP (Q318378)

The ability to Repair Internet Explorer does not exist in the version that ships with Windows XP. This feature only becomes available after you upgrade to a newer version. This is normal and has been this way since Windows 98 and IE4. However, you can reinstall IE in Windows XP by clicking Start, Run and entering the following command:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 c:\windows\inf\ie.inf

You will need to have your XP CD available

I learned using SFC /Scannow at the command prompt will help in repairing IE.

If they don't work you could try repairing windows itself by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back