Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer cannot view reports...need runtime files like VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

accuransx

Programmer
Sep 23, 2000
MY
I'm working on a web application on a Development PC equipped with Visual Studio 6, Crystal Reports 9 and RAS 9, IIS running on Windows 2000 Server, Cold Fusion Studio & Server 4.5 and Ms SQL server.

Everything tested ok on my Dev PC, but when it comes to my other colleagues, their IE cannot view the reporting part (CR ActiveXViewer). Is there any extra runtime files need to install on their PCs for them to view the CR activeXViewer? Pls help

Sorry to be writing with a question instead of an answer. Did you ever find a solution to yours? Given that you wrote this in April, I imagine you have. I have a similar problem. The client running XP gets the error - ActiveX unable to create its resource objects.

HI,
For ActiveX to install, the users needs to be at least a 'Power User' or, preferably, a member of the Administrators group on the PC...

This only applies to the install, all users will be able to use it.

Check this, if the user is an administrator:
Right-click the IE icon, under Properties..Temporary Internet Files..settings..View Objects -- If any reference is there to Crystal Viewers, delete them and ( after deleting any cached pages) - retry the Report.. It should be able to install it now.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back