Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer caching authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

riksweeney

Programmer
Nov 4, 2002
GB
I have constructed a page which I can launch pages which require authentication before you can access them. On my browser every time I attempt to launch one of these pages I have to log in. On every other IE browser I've looked at it caches the authentication and auto logs them in and this can cause problems since the username might not be valid. The only way to solve this is to close all the windows and relaunch the page. How can I solve this.

Thanks

Richard Sweeney

there is a HTML do-not-cache code, but I don't know what it is - the HTML forum might know...

good luck!

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

I am accessing an Exchange 2000 server via OWA and am prompted to authenticate when accessing attachments and occasionally when I access the public folders. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I am using at least IE 6.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back