Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acelorier

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
Windows XP, getting this error: Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Looked in all Internet Options to see what may be blocking? Getting this when site is to be opening a PDF file. Works on several other PCs with win2k and winxp. Just not this one. Any ideas? thanks

Open IE go to Tools/Pop Up Blocker/Disable Pop Up Blocker.

When trying to download the file, do you see an additional "Menu Bar" pop up? This one will appear just beneath the "Address Bar", if so right click on that menu bar and choose to allow the file to be downloaded.

Thank you for your prompt response. I failed to mention I'd already upchecked the pop-up blocker and do not have a menu bar pop-up.

Look at Tools->Internet Options->Security->Restricted Sites in case you've blocked it

Thanks, Already checked and even added that site's IP as a secure unblocked site.

Have you tried another browser. I think I've just posted my problem which is IE6 won't let me into some sites, but the integrated AOL browser will.
If I get time I might try Firefox, but my daughters issue is that MSN won't work so its a bit more fundemental.
Have you tried pinging the site or netsh the stack?

Did you guys just get off the last bus? This is WinXP SP2's IE6 information bar at play.. displays that message every time a file wants to download - and one of the first things I get rid of!!

Tools - Internet Options - Security - Custom Level - Automatic Prompting for File Downloads - Enable

Try that and please let us know!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back