Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express 5 mail program problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanie

Programmer
Jan 20, 2000
US
I recently upgraded to OE5. Now I can't access Outlook Express from within Internet Explorer, I can however, access via a seperate icon on the desktop. <br>
<br>
It will not give me the option under Options to select Outlook Express...how do I get it in there?<br>
<br>
Thank you for all help! <p>Lanie<br><a href=mailto:etroidl@conaxfl.com>etroidl@conaxfl.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Lanie,<br>
<br>
Unfortunately, it sounds to me like the program did not fully make it into the registry so I believe that you will have to reinstall OE5.<br>
<br>
Check in the Add/Remove Programs area in Control Panel. If it is listed in there, it should show up under Internet Explorer menus - tool/Internet Options. Under the program tab, beside email, pull that box down and select it. If it is not there at all, you must uninstall that previous version of OE5, and then reinstall it.<br>
<br>
You can try to install another copy over top of the existing one, however, this is not always a good idea, so my recommendation would be totally uninstall OE5, and then reinstall it.<br>
<p> Matthew Blyde<br><a href=mailto:mblyde@becon.org>mblyde@becon.org</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back