Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 9 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitel33

Technical User
May 6, 2009
US
Hi All,

I have been testing IE9 with the 3300 console and I can't get it to work, it open fine but when I try to go to the menu it gets stuck and not show. We are doing a mayor upgrade to all the computers and IE9 has to be installed. Is anybody running IE9 and if so can you share what I need to do to make it work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Not supported for 3300 ESM yet. I will check and see where it is in the Mitel timeline.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Can't find a word about IE9. Suggest you don't install it on any machine that needs to access 3300 ESM.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Thanks, I create a VM with XP and IE8 :) working fine now.

Glad you found a solution. Until Mitel says they officially support IE 9 I am avoiding it. Bit of a bitch as IE 9 now appears as an update under W7 updates. Have to make sure I don't accidently check it but don't want to remove it as an option because I acutally like it and want to go to it once its supportedd.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

IE9 is not supported on most browser based stuff.
It is new and there is time needed to support it.
It has many changes regarding to IE8.
I have seen many issues with IE9 which where working in IE8.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have IE9 working happily with ESM. Over an internet link too.

Good job wireman 50. I think the point of everyone however is if its not officially supported by Mitel it will be hit and miss whether it works. Are you able to get backups using IE 9?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Upgraded IE 8 to IE 9 on a test PC running Windows 7 in the lab. Works fine with 4.x but we still keep an XP PC with IE 6 for older systems.

how about data saves? Did you test that?

What happens if you install firefox, or is that not supported?

Firefox is not supported by Mitel.

I cannot do backups over the internet due to firewall issues. With any release of IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back